I offer comprehensive legal research and writing services, performed by a licensed and experienced Florida attorney. Whether it’s drafting pleadings, motions, opposing a summary judgment motion or filing an appeal, I have the knowledge and experience to help.
My standard hourly rate for legal research and writing projects is $105/hr, with a typical turnaround time of seven business days. It’s the bottom line price you pay. I don’t charge my customers for Westlaw or Lexis usage, and I do not bill for time spent on the phone, or for faxing, copying or any other hidden charges. I also provide email summaries of my findings, free of charge.
I offer a rush-rate of $185/hr, with a guaranteed turnaround of 48 hours or less, for those times when you’re faced with a pressing deadline.
I always provide customers with a cost budget, so you’ll know the maximum amount of time I’ll spend on your project before I get started. I never exceed those estimates without first obtaining your approval.
Here are some examples of my rates for typical legal research and drafting projects:
- E-mail or telephone report, including a short synopsis on one issue: $300- $450
- One-issue memorandum focused on Florida (or another state) law: $600-$800
- Two issue memorandum focused on state law: $800- $1,600
- State Appellate Court or Federal Circuit Court of Appeals signature-ready brief (single issue): $2,500 -$4,000
- State Appellate Court or Federal Circuit Court of Appeals signature-ready brief (multiple issue): $4,500 -$7,500